Friday, October 14, 2016

Locomotor and Shapes

On October 13, we had an introduction to dance terminology lesson (see lesson plans tab).  We learned that as dancers we are either moving or we are still.  We learned some different ways to move around the room as well as some unique shapes that we can make.  This lesson primarily focused on terms that we will be using for the rest of Arts Bridge.  For the first day of dance, the students were extremely focused and really pushed themselves.  I would give a comment such as "high knees" and most of the students were practically hitting their chests with their knees.  They worked very hard and were very internally motivated.  It was a great first day of class, and I can already tell that in the next few months I will be able to really push these students to become great dancers.